Monday, April 8, 2013

This is the 802nd post on the Music Salon

I just noticed that I missed acknowledging my 800th post. Unlike a lot of blogs, each post at the Music Salon is fairly substantial--often in the 1000 word range. Posts might sometimes contain music examples and analysis and always contain clips from YouTube. I notice that some of the clips on the older posts have gone away so I will have to go back and update.

I am planning to do some more posts on the Shostakovich string quartets and symphonies as well as a lot more on music aesthetics. This latter can range all the way from making fun of some of the pretensions of pop music to evaluations of classical composers--and vice versa!

I hope to garner more intelligent and informative comments in the future as I have in the past.

But apart from that, I don't have much else to say. I will make more of a fuss about my 1000th post! I'm sure there will be champagne or the musical equivalent. In the meantime, here is the Champagne Polka by Johann Strauss:



3 comments:

Craig said...

Congratulations on reaching this milestone! This is the most consistently engaging and instructive music blog of which I am aware.

Bryan Townsend said...

Thanks, Craig! I am going to have to add this lovely comment to my quotes. Hope that's ok with you?

Craig said...

Yes, that is fine with me.